Enabling a Technology-Driven Government
As the $1.2 billion invested in Australia’s future through the Digital Economy Strategy continues to build digital skills and capabilities, public sector organisations are prompted to advance their processes, citizen services, and showcase measurable public outcomes.
While public sector leaders may recognise the value of investing in Information and Communications Technology (ICT), for many the adoption remains a challenge based on security, compliance, budgetary realities, and legacy roadmaps.
To discuss ways of navigating these complexities in the most cost-effective, holistic, and publicly viable way, we’ve put together the first Virtual Event in our 2022 Innovation & IT Community National Insights Series. The case studies will unpack strategies on how to accelerate the understanding of what fruit a modern, digitally enabled, and integrated IT focus could yield.
Benefits of Attending
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
CIO, Information Services, Capability and Performance
Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development WA
Executive Director Digital Government
Northern Territory Government
Maximising New Innovation & IT Initiatives to Prepare the Way for Better Citizen Outcomes
- What does the $50m AI initiative (and federal IT budget funding at large) mean for all tiers of Australia’s public sector in 2022 and beyond?
- How can we ensure AI capabilities extend to, and assist regional areas and avoid worsening digital exclusion?
- What are the necessary infrastructures needing to be addressed and secured before we move forward with new innovation strategies?
Addressing Legacy Systems & Looking to Sustainable Modernisation
- Getting IT systems and processes up to speed to support remote and hybrid work
- Creating IT infrastructure that will enable IT to deploy business applications and workloads anywhere, anytime
- Exploring Cloud, XaaS, and composable applications
Water NSW’s IT / OT Convergence and Transformation Journey in the Utilities Sector
- SCADA, PLC, and the insecure network: current operating technology legacies
- How new technologies such as IoT, AI, or Edge Computing can complement them
- Implementing the converge and transformation, and articulating the business capabilities in IT/OT converge
Mastering the Basics Behind Effective Digital Solutions
- Determining the core technologies are needed to operate your department optimally
- Enhancing Enterprise Architecture: addressing the necessary infrastructures in the background and how can we ensure these are accessible inter-departmentally
- Overcoming siloed approaches to managing services/systems/data that limit the ability of governments to adapt
Reaping the Benefits of Data Driven Technologies
- How to adequately adopt and implement modern service technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced analytics
- How to assess and measure key metrics for their success and bring clarity to critical IT initiatives within your organisation
- What could multi-experience platforms, new screening technology, and modular design principles enable within Australia’s public sector industries