Cutting through Complexity to Deliver Clarity for Actionable Insights
Organisations on the data transformation journey are faced with ever-increasing complexity and competing priorities. To manage data decisions in this environment comes with reinforced responsibility to ensure the quality of data inputs, governance framework design and implementation, and maturity of the workforce.
This quarter, we will be exploring the specific challenges and hallmarks of effective governance, leadership, and culture, to consistently translate data into a valuable business asset. The role of metadata, agility development, and proactive data stewardship in the data environment comes in when integrating the data strategy with both the IT and organisational strategies. In addition, we will be delving into the important user-centric aspects of information management including privacy and preserving the right to access information in digital government.
Join us at the complimentary “Revolutionising Data Governance, Information Management & Data Strategy in Government” virtual event to stand for the realisation of data as a strategic asset. Let us come together with collective wisdom and collaboration to advance the effectiveness of our digital government for greater innovation, societal and citizen benefit.
Benefits of Attending
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
NSW Information Commissioner,
Information & Privacy Commission & Open Data Advocate
Regulatory Data & Analysis,
Essential Services Commission
& Associate Professor,
UTS Data Science Institute
Principal Advisor on Metadata,
Data & Linked Data
& Chair of the Metadata Working Group,
Using Data Governance as an Enabler Rather Than a Barrier or Checklist
- Taking a step back to the “why” of data governance, and integrating this purpose into designs, culture, frameworks, and the way we work
- Embedding & implementing the notion of data governance being more than an end in itself
- Making data governance and data dictionaries accessible for the user, changing culture, and improving staff confidence
Tackling New Challenges & Next Steps for Information Access in a Digital World
- Case study examples of challenges and implementation (silos, cross-sector initiatives, and machine enhanced decision making)
- What it takes to reimagine information access in a digital age
- Top tips and solutions to mitigate risks and approach contractual agreements
Embedding a Robust Enterprise Information Management Governance Framework at Airservices Australia
Reimagining Data Programs for Business Value – An Integrated Data, Business & IT Strategy
- What are some important considerations when approaching the role and responsibility of proactive data stewardship, business value, strategy, and leadership within our organisations?
- How do we appropriately set up frameworks for successful, ethical, and responsible engagement with end-users?
- What are your top tips on mid to long-term investment in the data evolution, agility development, data engineering, and ready-made data architecture?
- How can we continue to improve effective data communication, capabilities & collaboration across internal data communities, departments, and across governments to tackle systemic data challenges?