Enabling a Technology-Driven Government
Public sector leaders have recognized the value of investing in IT, for many, the adoption remains a challenge based on security, compliance, budgetary realities, and existing roadmaps. As one of the key pillars in economic development, IT can have a significant impact on policy implementation and thereafter realization of the government’s goals and objectives.
Public Sector Network’s Innovation and IT: National Insights – Spring Edition Virtual Event will bring together CIOs, Chief Architects, and other IT leaders to discuss ways that IT systems can be enablers for, as opposed to barriers to, digital service delivery. Increasing data security, developing innovative IT products and services, and stronger orientation towards the needs of citizens should be the priority. We will explore how the public sector can address legacy systems and look to sustainable modernization.
Benefits of Attending
Explore the emerging technologies that enable faster, safer and more efficient operations across Canada’s public sector
Hear how innovative digital strategies and processes are transforming government services and helping to deliver positive outcomes to citizens
Increase organizational efficiency and facilitate innovation through modern IT frameworks and technologies
Discuss how to integrate existing IT services into well-rounded ecosystems, utilizing a range of applications, hardware, software, and management technologies in IT service delivery
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
Natural Resources Canada
Chief Information Officer, Director General IT/IM Administration, and Privacy
Veterans Affairs Canada
Jake Van Der Laan
Chief Information Officer, Director, Information Technology and Regulatory Informatics
Financial and Consumer Services Commission
Senior Director – Project Manager, VaccineConnect, National Digital Transformation Office
Public Health Agency of Canada
Executive Director, Corporate IT Management
Public Service Commission
Director, Digital Health Policy
Province of British Columbia
Manager, IT Infrastructure
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
Maximizing New Innovation & IT Initiatives to Prepare the Way for Better Citizen Outcomes
- What does it mean for Canada’s public service in 2022 and beyond?
- How can we ensure AI capabilities extend to, and assist regional areas and avoid worsening digital exclusion?
- What necessary infrastructures need to be addressed and secured before we move forward with new innovation strategies?
Addressing Legacy Systems & Looking to Sustainable Modernization
- Seizing opportunities to address modernizing legacy systems
- Creating a modern IT approach and framework for addressing legacy systems leveraging future technologies like cloud and composable application
- Creating IT infrastructure and processes that will enable IT to deploy business applications and workloads anywhere, anytime
Mastering the Basics Behind Effective Digital Solutions
- What core technologies are needed to operate your department optimally
- Enhancing Enterprise Architecture: addressing the necessary infrastructures in the background and how can we ensure these are accessible inter-departmentally
- Overcoming siloed approaches to managing services/systems/data that limit the ability of governments to adapt
- What are some of the challenges you have experienced when trying to integrate digital solutions? How have you overcome them?
Reaping the Benefits of Data Driven-Technologies
- What are the key considerations to keep in mind when adopting modern service technologies like artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced analytics?
- How to assess and measure key metrics for their success and bring clarity to critical IT initiatives within your organization?
- How can multi-experience platforms, new screening technology, and modular design principles enable Canada’s public sector?
- What are some key lessons learned from the past year that you would like to share with those who are looking to implement data-driven technologies?
Hear from public sector leaders about the latest trends and explore how to instantly apply these insights and gaining unique perspectives
An opportunity to engage with the inspiring speaker panel and peers in the live Q&A and polling to discover answers to shared challenges
Leading Technology Solutions
Hear from leading solutions providers in the government space as they explore key technologies to improve citizen services
Receive on-demand access to session content on the complimentary Public Sector Network social learning platform