Advancing Digitally-Enabled Patient-Centric Systems
Join us to kick off the first quarter of 2022, a radical year of disruption for the Australian Health and Social Care Sector in an unprecedented global post-pandemic age. The risk of not exponentially advancing becomes greater than the risk of “doing things the way they’ve always been done”. The rapid evolution of global health systems, patient-centric design and digital enablement is no longer in “the future”; it is in “the now”.
We will discuss the future of telehealth, remote and shared care, as well as digital’s increasing part in enabling Australian Healthcare Systems; focussing on lessons learnt, applications of technology and how data is used to drive real value and patient outcomes. Evolution in leadership and change management capabilities are vital for embracing new
developments, driving supportive cultures, collaboration, and workforce readiness for the coming years.
Benefits of Attending
Uncover crucial insights to navigate a new operating environment and infrastructure defined by distance and demand for personalised, shared and intuitive care
Learn how to unlock the potential of existing and future investment into digitalisation and data technology and its application for data-driven and outcome- based care
Discuss the leadership, implementation and improvement science, frameworks and strategies that empower and enable a digitally-adept and patient-centric workforce
Equip yourself with the tools and first-hand case studies to improve digital strategy implementation for increasing demands in patient experience and outcomes
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
Chief Executive Officer
Australian Digital Health Agency (ADHA)
CFO, CIO, Executive Director Corporate Operations & Information
National Health and Medical Research Council
Director of Virtual Care
NSW Ministry of of Health
Chief Executive Officer
WA Primary Health Alliance
A Systems Approach to Digitally-Enabled, Patient-Centric and Sustainable Care – What Will It Take?
- Digital’s role in a more patient-centric, integrated and resilient health and social care model, and what this means for the future
- Co-designed, interconnected and innovative healthcare models, systems and planning
Harnessing the Value of Digital and Data for Insight-Led Patient Centricity
- Translating data into real, actionable, strategic or care-based patient experience and outcome improvements
- The true value of real-time data for front-line staff and decision makers through big data, interoperability and data sharing
- What needs to be in place for successful digital transformation delivery, and how to prepare at different levels of maturity?
Leadership and Workforce Readiness to Realise Truly Data-Informed, Patient Centric and Value-Driven Care
- Leadership, change management, policy and culture using implementation and improvement science, and analytics
- What customers and clinicians need from leadership to ensure quality, safety and satisfaction during business transformation
- The role that communication, partnerships and in collaboration plays for a successful, interconnected and integrated operating syste
Beyond Telehealth – The Rise of the Virtual and Shared Care Environment
- For the ultimate aim of improving patient outcomes, what are the greatest impact areas to evaluate when defining and integrating new models of virtual care
- How can we sustainably manage any disruptions to person-centred care with enhanced clinical decision making in the world of data sharing, big data and AI algorithms
- How can we best approach the funding, governance, leadership and policy issues relating to virtual health care transformations during and after COVID-19
- What are your top tips to best prepare our people and workforce for what’s to come
High-Tech is already here. What are we missing? – Partnering Health and Technology
- Lately, digitalisation and automation advances and disruption in healthcare is evident. What can we learn from the last two years?
- How can healthcare continue rapid change, decouple from legacy infrastructure, and become more efficient, effective and customer friendly. What’s missing?
- The role leadership, change management and culture play in partnering with technology solutions
- Top tips in overcoming major digital transformation challenges
Hear from public sector leaders about the latest trends and explore how to instantly apply these insights and gaining unique perspectives
An opportunity to engage with the inspiring speaker panel and peers in the live Q&A and polling to discover answers to shared challenges
Leading Technology Solutions
Hear from leading solutions providers in the government space as they explore key technologies to improve citizen services
Receive on-demand access to session content on the complimentary Public Sector Network social learning platform