Cutting through Complexity to Deliver Clarity for Actionable Insights
New Zealand public sector data professionals are tasked to manage one of the most important and valuable strategic and business assets held by
the government. The space of public sector data, statistics, and analytics are constantly evolving. With proactive national strategies, standards, ethics, and roadmaps being created, updated and implemented every year. Opportunities to learn, experiment, and practice something revolutionary in the field of our digital and data-driven economy are ever-expanding.
Featuring a selection of diverse Central Government case studies and learnings in data management, integration, analytics, ethics, governance, publishing, and more, this event is jam-packed with content to benchmark with peers, challenge old frameworks and open fresh perspectives.
Join us safely from anywhere in NZ at the complimentary Driving Data & Analytics Excellence in the NZ Government virtual event, a conversation dedicated to contributing realising Aotearoa’s national potential of data for a better public service!
Benefits of Attending
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
hief Data & Analytics Officer,
Institute of Environmental Science Research (ESR)
Director Digital Change,
Inland Revenue Department
Manager – Digital Architecture,
Chief Enterprise Architect,
Education Payroll – Rārangi Utu ā-Mātauranga
Implementing Lessons from Integrated Data Management Best Practice
- What does well-managed actually look like in practice?
- The most recent national developments on integrated data and information management
- Opportunities and next steps to implement the leading strategies and practices in our own organisations
Data Sharing Across Government in Practice
- Opportunities and challenges of sharing data across the Education Sector
- Real-world case study – sharing data in practice
- Taking lessons from reality and the importance of keeping it simple
Using Data & Analytics to Create a Digital Twin & Holistic Organisational View
Implementing Holistic Data Governance for Transparency, Ethics
and Public Benefit
- Why is important, as agency custodians to be accountable thorough life-cycle, open data and collaboration practices over and above ‘ticking the box’?
- How may we capture the complexity and contextual nature of governance strategies and stewardship for diverse organisations, business functions and use cases?
- How can we incorporate the best of traditional governance, Māori Data Governance, Ngā Tikanga Paihere and other best practices?
- What’s missing in our data principle and algorithm ethics conversations, and how may we begin to communicate these more deeply within our organisations?
- How can we see and use COVID19 as a gift to break through some long-standing barriers, and move from good to great?
What Your Peers Had to Say