Cities around the world are constantly evolving and growing, and to continue to do this, many are looking at becoming smart cities – cities that are sustainable, adaptable and able to grow and evolve with the increases in their populations, and as technologies develop.
Key highlights of the whitepaper are as follows:
- Being a smart city is about being sustainable, having capacity for growth, and looking towards the future
- Each city’s journey towards becoming a smart city is different, but sustainability and growth challenges are often the catalysts
- The City of Perth identified five objectives and implemented seven discrete projects
- The City of Casey started with addressing a transport challenge, which led to partnerships and a new way of thinking
- The City of Phoenix has a goal to be carbon neutral and started thinking about all the elements of their city that will lead them to achieve that goal