Creating a smart and sustainable landscape
From the city we live in, to the infrastructure being built around us, the world is constantly changing. Many of these changes focus on building cities that are smarter and greener through the integration of a digital ecosystem. This embedded technology can increase the efficiency of a Smart City by analyzing and responding to real-time data, but it is also a key privacy and risk concern for many citizens. However, the benefits of a Smart City go beyond its efficiency benefits – it also has positive impacts on sustainability, livability, and quality of city life.
Public Sector Network’s Smart City and Infrastructure: Q1 National Insights – Winter Edition event will provide insights on the latest trends, ideas, and developments as smart city technologies increasingly integrate and reshape how communities serve their citizens. This event will provide Public Sector professionals with an understanding of the ‘ins and outs’ of a Smart City, how to plan for the future, an understanding of lessons learned from COVID-19, and the next generation of technologies that will soon be implemented.
Benefits of Attending
Gain insights on the emerging trends and technologies with Smart Cities and how COVID-19 has impacted this
Understand and discuss leading concerns with Smart City technologies and how they can be alleviated to protect privacy and security
Explore the beneficial impacts of Smart Cities on the delivery of services and how this can improve engagement with citizens
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
Research Associate, Centre for Landscape Research
University of Toronto
Manager Corporate Initiatives
The Regional Municipality of Durham
City of Cambridge Ontario
Manager, Smart City Information Technology Division
City of Mississauga
Director, Economic Development and Tourism Economic Development
City of Maple Ridge
Information Services Director
City of Kelowna
General Manager, Corporate Services
Town of Orangeville
A Real-life Exploration of Smart Cities and its Components
- Understand how the components of the digital ecosystem (i.e. data, technology, community, etc.) work together to create a smarter city
- Advanced technology is not enough to make a Smart City – it must be integrated and accepted by citizens
Building for the Future Starts Now – A Roadmap Guide to Your Smart City
- Understand how your urban planning and infrastructure strategy can integrate the goals of sustainability and net-zero living
- Explore how the use of technology can increase the efficiency of existing and future infrastructure systems
Understanding How the Latest Technologies are Reshaping Smart Infrastructures
- Analyze the latest concerns with the use of technology to collect data, and how safeguards are being implemented to mitigate these concerns
- Discuss how to strike a balance between privacy and increased efficiency when using technology in a Smart City
Smart Cities: Moving Past the Pandemic to Create the City of the Future
- How has smart planning been impacted by COVID-19, and how have cities changed their response?
- What is the government’s role in ensuring there is a proper governance framework when implementing Smart City and related program planning?
- What are some lessons learned from COVID-19 that will impact future strategies and infrastructure planning?
- With the hybrid work model becoming the new norm, and greater importance placed on health and well-being, how does that impact the future of infrastructure planning?
- What are some technological improvements we can expect to see to help increase connectivity and engagement with citizens in smart cities?
Integrating Smart Planning into Your Economic Development Strategy to Attract Future Growth Opportunities
- What are some challenges for attracting new investment and residents to a Smart City in a post-Covid world? What are the opportunities?
- How can a Smart City attract new development with improved transportation and quality of life infrastructure?
- How is urban planning for a Smart City changing, in comparison to the past, and what will incentivize new industries to locate there?
- How can new technologies help inspire new development and attract a more diverse population base? How can this help improve equitable outcomes for all citizens and benefit different industries?
Hear from public sector leaders about the latest trends and explore how to instantly apply these insights and gaining unique perspectives
An opportunity to engage with the inspiring speaker panel and peers in the live Q&A and polling to discover answers to shared challenges
Leading Technology Solutions
Hear from leading solutions providers in the government space as they explore key technologies to improve citizen services
Receive on-demand access to session content on the complimentary Public Sector Network social learning platform