In the 2022-23 budget, the Australian Government has renewed its commitment to delivering quality essential services for all Australians.
Significant digital investments in the COVID-19 Winter Response Plan, Technology Investment Boost, Quantum Commercialisation Hub and 5G innovation will support the Whole-of-Government target to make Australia a top 10 digital economy and society by 2030.
To make the 2030 vision a reality, Government from across jurisdictions must invest in service delivery so that citizens reap the benefits from digital transformation upstream. By investing in omnichannel engagement, agencies can deliver critical digital services on citizens’ terms, meeting their expectations with personalised interactions on trusted platforms.
As part of Public Sector Network’s National Insights Series, the complimentary Improving Citizen Experience by Leveraging Digital Technology and Transformation virtual event will explore how the public sector can improve channels of engagement, points of entry and citizen experience across critical services. As the Federal Government delivers major digital initiatives throughout 2022-23, state and local agencies will follow suit with all jurisdictions sharing a commitment to efficient, seamless and customer centric services to citizens.
Benefits of Attending
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
Catherine Payne, Executive Director, Digital and Customer Communications, Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
First Assistant Secretary Cyber, Digital and Technology Policy, Department of Home Affairs
Lisa Robey, Senior Director, Engagement, Community Services Directorate,
The Department of Home Affairs Approach to Creating a Fully Digitised Government
- Outlining the benefits of using biometrics for the future of a fully digitised government
- Discussing the challenges around the use of biometrics in Australia and internationally
- Collaborating to ensure the safety of biometric data and storage of biometric data
Using Digital Capabilities to Remain Agile and Responsive in a Changing Environment
- Embracing digital transformation, change Management and building capabilities to support Digital Transformation Agenda
- Exploring how automation, cloud and hybrid environment are helping the Main Roads realise greater efficiencies
- Keeping ahead of the digital transformation curve to ensure that the advancement and introduction of new technology does not outpace regulation
Customer experiences that build trust in government
Join us as we discuss the importance of empathy in government customer experiences as a key driver of citizen trust in government and some of the key actions to achieving this, including leveraging digital channels and automation to deliver more successful customer outcomes.
Achieving Consolidated Service Delivery to Improve Citizens Access to Online Services
- Using digital identity to drive better privacy and security when citizens access to online services
- Exploring how digital identity has enabled consolidation of services via the Service NSW app, including digital licencing, fines, registration, check-ins and more via the
- Explaining how the NSW Government Identity Priorities are embedded in the Service NSW App to create coordinated and holistic management of identity
The Next Frontier of Streamlined Interactions – Assessing the Critical Factors for Successful CX
- Strategising how government agencies can integrate key digital support channels (such as contact centres, websites and social media) into consolidated systems
- Allowing citizens to interact with government on their preferred terms, improving experience, engagement and trust
- Enabling staff to efficiently manage public engagement and deliver streamlined CX in the services they deliver
- Modernising back-end technologies to better support contact centres and alternative channels of engagement