Evolving Capabilities and Advancing Public Safety
Canada’s emergency services are adapting to rapidly changing
conditions in unprecedented times. As the country moves through
the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, it is essential first responders are supported effectively to continue working at the highest level.
To help counter the unknown, it is important strong, collaborative partnerships are formed both internally and externally, new techniques and technologies are implemented, and workers are given the tools they need to help keep the public safe.
Public Sector Network’s Defence, Security and Justice National Insights – Spring Edition virtual event, delivered by experts in their field, will examine how to navigate changes in process and implement emerging technology. Thought leaders will discuss their approach to agency partnerships and maintaining safety and resilience when responding to incidents. It will highlight case studies and provoke conversation to ensure the wellbeing of first responders is a priority and the country remains protected.
Benefits of Attending
Learn how engaging communities and maintaining public trust helps incident response
Discover new techniques aiding emergency service communications
Understand how collaboration can be an important prevention tool
Hear from experts how implementing new strategies is helping to keep first responders safe
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
Dr. Joel Fitzgerald
Waterloo Police Department, IOWA, USA
Saskatchewan College of Paramedics
Innovation Lead, Analytics & Innovation Unit
Toronto Police Service
Burlington Fire Department
Deputy Manager, EMS
The Corporation of the County of Lambton
Executive National Advisor for Race Based Data Collection
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Deputy Chief- Support Services
Central York Fire Services
Paramedic Association of Canada
Manager, Emergency Medical Services
Saskatchewan Health Authority
Sergeant, Member eXperience Unit (MXU), Information Technology Division
Edmonton Police Service
Director EMS – North, Provincial Community Paramedicine Programs Saskatchewan Health Authority
The Technology Enabled Future of Emergency Response
- How is new technology changing emergency response, and how should we change the modus operandi?
- Understand how intelligence-led policing is shaping the future of crime investigation
- Sharing solutions to overcome challenges that arise within our diverse communities
Preparing & Adapting: Building Resilience in the Community and Burlington’s Workforce to Rise Above New Challenges
- The role of modern communication equipment to aid in a faster response
- Deploying cutting-edge technology to curb the threat of devastation
- Improving emergency communication between fire and rescue and the community for better collaborative efforts
- Keeping connected in times of disruption: Looking after the mental health of the workforce
Enhancing Communications within EMS during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The role of the Saskatchewan EMS Incident Command Centre during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Creating a centralized referral pathway for community paramedicine requests
- Introduction of daily operational reporting from ambulance services to leadership
Creating a Culture of Innovation: Methods to Fast Track the Emergency Service Response
- How can we best utilize new technologies during times of public crisis?
- How can we safely utilize data and analytics for insight-based decision making?
- What are some best practices for integrating communications across fire, police, and ambulance departments?
- What is one action item you would like to share with everyone on the line today to help them improve their culture of innovation?
Leveraging Partnerships to Achieve a Greater Outcome, Quickly
- Identifying the strengths and resources of other organizations that can
augment current short falls within your own
- The tools helping to connect emergency service organizations
- Information sharing: Exploring approaches that have successfully led to
- How agency partnerships benefit the entire workforce
- Top tips for future emergency services collaborative partnerships
Hear from public sector leaders about the latest trends and explore how to instantly apply these insights and gaining unique perspectives
An opportunity to engage with the inspiring speaker panel and peers in the live Q&A and polling to discover answers to shared challenges
Leading Technology Solutions
Hear from leading solutions providers in the government space as they explore key technologies to improve citizen services
Receive on-demand access to session content on the complimentary Public Sector Network social learning platform