Reimagining Business Processes to Enable the Evolving Government
2022 will continue to change the priorities of public sector corporate and back-office services, driving the evolution into more data-driven, communicative, and intelligence enabling decision-making hubs. And where the back office begins delivering strategic, analytical value and continuous improvement capabilities, public sector corporate functions will see more opportunity to pivot and transform their services and take on more of a business-enabling role.
To aid further exploration of how corporate functions of the future could take shape, we’ve put together the first Virtual Event in our 2022 Corporate & Shared Services Community National Insights series.
Tune in to hear case studies from corporate-focused peers and discuss how to further create modern, digitally enabled, and integrated public sector corporate services divisions in Canada, as the role continues to shift from being task-centric to value-adding through new tools and processes.
The assorted challenges and complementary aspects of all things corporate will be addressed in two concurrent panel sessions, allowing you to choose the one that piques your own relevant interest most.
Benefits of Attending
Understand what is key to an adaptive, continuous corporate services function approach within the context of our fast-changing economic climate
Identify how to create a culture of innovation and collaboration to deliver on your goals
Gain insights into best practice upskilling and training to ensure your workforce can maximize the benefits of new ways of doing things
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
Chief Financial Officer
Indigenous Services Canada
Director, Finance and Performance Evaluation
Workforce Development & Skills Training Division, Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training
Director, Finance and Business Operations
Director of Corporate Finance
Central Regional Health Authority
Transforming and Optimizing Corporate, Finance, and Compliance Processes to Build Operational Resiliency
- Reviewing processes to add value and stability, reduce costs, and simplify control in the back office
- Reconciling existing front, middle and back-office silos to ensure a more holistic finance vision is secured
- Exploring the potential of automation, machine learning, AI, and data analytics in back-office functions
Beyond Covid – Further Pivoting the Way We Do Strategic Stakeholder Partnering, Engagement, and Management
- Decisive approaches in dynamic, disruptive times
- Identifying and exploring the strategic pillars of next-generation partner management
- Embedding emerging tools and proactive digital initiatives to enhance supplier relationships and engagement
What’s Needed for a Whole-of-Government Approach to Reporting, Governance and Operations
- Exploring strategies for higher-quality service delivery and operational improvements
- Leveraging new automation and optimization processes for improved decision support
- Accelerating forecasting and accurate reporting through big data-driven decision making
A Critical Review of Long-Term Finance Priorities, Process Excellence and Business Enablement Tactics
- How to pivot your existing working culture to enhance the quality of corporate services and functions (operational excellence and continuous improvement)
- How big data can be utilized to increase reporting of supply and demand, build more strategic business partnerships, and inform back-office decisions in good time
- How agile practices and technological tools (such as ERP) can boost operational scale and increase the credibility and efficiency of all finance functions
- What are your top tips for ensuring finance processes are translatable and relevant from a back-office to a customer-facing perspective?
Leadership and Workforce Management: Shaping the Next Normal
- How to ensure all corporate factions are on a symbiotic transformation journey
- Integrating and communicating new processes, skills, and tech initiatives company-wide
- How can back-office corporate support be further modernized through data, AI, and ML?
- What operational aspects of corporate function need to stay, and which need to go?
- Top tips for reducing time, costs and mitigating unnecessary impact from redundant back-office processes?
Hear from public sector leaders about the latest trends and explore how to instantly apply these insights and gaining unique perspectives
An opportunity to engage with the inspiring speaker panel and peers in the live Q&A and polling to discover answers to shared challenges
Leading Technology Solutions
Hear from leading solutions providers in the government space as they explore key technologies to improve citizen services
Receive on-demand access to session content on the complimentary Public Sector Network social learning platform
What Your Peers Had to Say
Thank you for this great session. I realize that to some extent we are all on different journeys with process improvement. This type of forum is excellent to share ideas and connecting with likewise individuals.
Shared Services Canada
Excellent and informative and interesting concept on the back office label, and moving forward in this new environment, lots of insightful takeaways.
Government & Consumer Services
Good to hear how all levels of government are using the lessons learned during the pandemic to advance modernization.
City of Vaughan