Automating Corporate Services in The New Age Of Business
We are now well into an era of continuous change and instability. Budget constraints, economic recovery, and the driving imperative for the public sector to ‘do more with less’ have accentuated the demands for those working in corporate and procurement specific roles to become more automated, data-driven and intelligence enabled as a result.
With new technologies, processes, and analytic decision-making capabilities, the transformation from being ‘strickly business’ to becoming smarter, collaborative, and integrated functions are fast becoming the dominant strategy for back-offices across Australia.
2022 will continue to challenge the priorities of the public sector, forcing rapid adaptation, advancement, and the need for efficient economic response plans. So, to help optimise and further evolve your department’s business division, we’ve put together this inter-state event to provide a platform for exploring emerging technologies, techniques, and real-world case studies addressing all things related to the enormous responsibilities of the back office.
Benefits of Attending
A Sneak Peek Of Your Inspiring Speakers
Australian Taxation Office (QLD)
Executive Director Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer,
Courts Administration Authority,
Executive Director Corporate Services,
Department of Justice,
Accelerating Financial Change with Innovative Technology
- How can automation attenuate time management issues and aid faster economic reporting and administrative efficiency
- Shifting to analytics and using data to ensure the organisation is making informed financial decisions
- Assessing relevant strategies for adopting and leveraging technology and redefining financial services
Enabling Smarter Business Services For Government with eInvoiving
- The role of automation in cross-fuctional corporate evolution
- Enabling corprate and shared services progression using digital technologies like eInvoicing and ERP
The Risks and Rewards of An Automated Back-Office
- Key tools and considerations for successfully digitised corporate services
- Leveraging analytics to cut costs and enhance performance
Achieving Scalable & Sustainable Back-Office Innovation (Directors discuss respective challenges and what they hope to achieve)
- What opportunities are there for improving business accuracy and efficiency with Data and Automation?
- How can each organisation look to modernise processes with new tools to add value, reduce costs, and simplify control across all divisions?