Exploration of Technology and Initiatives in the Overarching Smart City Strategy
Smart City was a subjective term where each municipality had their own definition and project, which was included under the Smart City umbrella. As time passed, the relevancy of the term Smart City came into question as municipalities pivoted their priorities to accommodate present challenges and budget constraints.
At our Smart City Roadshow leaders will converge together to share their challenges, and build an ecosystem of knowledge, ideas, and solutions with a goal of increasing the connectivity between municipalities of all sizes. Explore how Smart City has evolved from being the responsibility of a siloed team, to an overarching strategy embedded within all organizational process. Join Public Sector Network’s Smart City Roadshow as municipalities share their success stories, strategies, and best practices with their local public sector peers.
Benefits of Attending
The Changing Face of Smart City – Understanding the Current Definition and Emphasis
- What is a Smart City, and how has that definition changed over time?
- How is Smart City becoming an overarching strategy that is being embedded within each operational department?
Exploring Natural Infrastructure and Net Zero Development Initiatives
Paving the Way for Increased Connectivity Between Municipalities
- How can municipalities build interconnectedness with each other to increase the flow of people and traffic?
- How are parking lots being considered and used for future city development?
Roundtable 1: Leveraging New Transportation Technology to Build Strategy to Increase Fluidity
Roundtable 2: Maximizing the Understanding of the Data Produced by the Municipality’s Citizens
Roundtable 3: Securing Your Smart City as There is an Increase in Dependence on Technology and Digitalization
Roundtable 4: Utilizing Urban Planning Modeling Technology to Assist with City Planning
Roundtable 5: Increasing Accessibility of Network Across Canada
Exploring Smart City Development and Priorities in a Post-Pandemic World
- What is the vision and benefit of Smart City Development?
- How can municipalities create a better ecosystem for sharing information, resources, and talent?
- How does Smart City fit into workplace modernization?
- How has Smart City embedded itself into increasing the quality of life and providing more economical value for its municipality?