Harnessing the power of innovation to deliver better government services
The BC government presented the Province’s 2022 budget and updated StrongerBC Economic Plan. Both the budget and the economic plan promises to take bold actions to build a BC economy that is sustainable, innovative and inclusive – with mission-oriented goals set around solving urgent issues related to people, planet and prosperity. To achieve this, the BC government is focused on growing technology and innovation in the Province; innovation is not just about implementing technology. Public sector organizations are now actively collaborating with an array of external organizations and industry partners to gather feedback about digital solutions to create more robust and user-friendly public services. The government is also investing in the rapid upskilling and reskilling of talent that can fill the anticipated one million job vacancies forecasted over the next decade.
Public Sector Innovation Show British Columbia is a one-day, in-person event designed to help you navigate the future digital landscape to benchmark best practices, leverage emerging technologies and harness the latest innovations to deliver life-changing outcomes for your citizens. This event will examine strategies by putting people first and building a stronger BC for everyone.
Benefits of attending
The Public Sector Innovation Series feature the latest initiatives throughout Canada and share insights via keynote presentations, case studies, panel discussions, and fireside chats. To provide additional perspective – concurrent tracks will address more specific topics and challenges in the worlds of technology, people, data & process faced by public sector leaders today.
Building a Stronger B.C. for Everyone
- A Plan for Today, a Vision for Tomorrow builds on B.C.’s strength – its people
- How does the Government plan to deliver above goals
The Future Digital Roadmap for B.C.
- Overcoming digitization challenges and lowering barriers to information and accessibility of public services
- Strategies on embracing technology early and testing policy approach
Providing Better Connectivity for the Citizens for B.C.
- BC’s broadband divide and it’s impacts for rural and Indigenous communities
- An overview of the broadband strategy including the need for spectrum reform
- Programs underway and planned to achieve universal connectivity in BC
The Future of Work, Skills and Diversity in the Public Sector
Lessons Learned, and What’s next for the Public Sector in B.C?
Enhancing Online Experiences and Building Digitally Inclusive Services for BC
- What are the top barriers for successful digital transformation?
- Top tips for working around the cultural barriers
Government Case Study
BC Digital Trust Case Study
Reflecting on the past few years and lessons learned, now whReflecting on the past few years and lessons learned, now what’s next for the BC Public Sector?at’s next for the BC Public Sector?
Government Case Study
Transitioning to the Cloud
- Overcoming the challenges of cloud transformation in the public sector
- What are the success stories for approaching the cloud transformation?
Strengthening the Overall Cybersecurity Posture of the Province
- Understanding the changing face of cybersecurity to minimize the cyber risk gap
- Safeguard your organization to prevent cyberattacks
Advancing Data & Analytics Maturity in the BC Public Sector
- What does artificial intelligence offer to governments?
- What are AI applications/ use cases such as chatbots in government?
View the agenda for the full speaker lineup, sessions and event timeline
Keeping you safe
Public Sector Network will closely monitor COVID-19 regulations in accordance with the advice from the Government and local health authorities to ensure the safety of everyone attending the event physically. In addition, we will be working closely with the venue to ensure precautionary measures are in place.