Health Workforce Training: Building Resilience, Capability & Capacity
24 & 31 August 2022 | 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM AEST | Online
Adapt to Excel During Change
The last three years have been extremely challenging and significantly transformative – its impact on both health managers and their teams is substantial and long term.
Unless you have worked in a war zone or a major natural disaster, it is unlikely you have had to experience such prolonged and intense pressure. This once-in-a-career, resource poor, and chaos rich healthcare landscape has provided the perfect conditions to challenge our thinking beyond BAU.
In this eight-hour intensive workshop, you will be given proven and tailored frameworks and activities and be expertly guided on how to lead your team through and beyond COVID to achieve optimal operational and patient outcomes.
Meet Your Facilitator
Professor Gary Day is a senior executive with over 35 years’ experience in the healthcare industry, including roles such as Chief Executive Officer, Director, Project Manager, and Consultant, as well as a clinician, academic, researcher and author
Gary has worked in both the for-profit and not-for-profit healthcare sectors across three Australian States, leading and accomplishing major infrastructure and change management projects. He has performed significant research into healthcare topics including health bureaucracies, organisational resilience and commitment, work values, and worker job involvement, plus developing leadership capacity and ethical decision-making frameworks, and transformational learning.
Through these experiences, he has led a multi-disciplinary team through the COVID-19 pandemic and implemented a range of innovative approaches to help the team thrive during one of the most challenging periods in recent memory.
- Scene Setting: What has changed in managing health teams over the last 2 years? Is this the new ‘normal’?
- Pressure: What Does Pressure do to Team Performance?
- Breakout session: Tools to Manage Your Team Under Pressure
- Resilience: A Cornerstone for Team Effectiveness
- A Resilient Team Needs a Resilient Manager
- Breakout session: A Teams-based Approach to Resiliency
- Review Module 1 – Emphasis on the challenges faced and experience since previous module
- Increasing Capability and Capacity of the Team
- Keeping your Team together: Decreasing Turnover and Increasing Retention During Times of Pressure
- Breakout session: Tools for Leaders of the Future
- Putting it All into Action