Citizen-Centric Design and Delivery
30 August and 6 September 2022 | 10 AM – 2:30 PM AEST | Online
Embedding the Citizen in Digital Products and Services
Embracing citizen-centric methodologies and approaches to service design and delivery has been key to producing better societal outcomes for individuals, businesses and communities throughout the last two years.
To help take you through ideas and strategies on how to embed the citizen in digital products and services, we’ve designed a 2 day training workshop, Citizen-Centric Design and Delivery, held June 9th and 16th.
Through an innovative mix of lecture-style presentations, interactive group exercises and expert feedback, the workshop will equip participants with implementable tools, frameworks and strategies to build digital experiences around user needs and data and keep the citizen at the core of their services.
Meet Your Facilitator
Tania Wilson is currently the Assistant Commissioner, Design and Improvement Branch in the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC), with responsibility for the design of client-facing services, internal business
processes for parliamentary and industrial elections, and electoral event policy and procedures. Her role also involves providing subject matter input into the AEC’s modernisation program.
Tania has previously worked across service design and delivery roles for the Department of Home Affairs, establishing a service design capability for the agency, leading service design for visa programs, and working with the Digital Transformation Agency on the Permissions Capability Program.
Introduction, Purpose and Approach
- An Introduction to Service Design and Delivery
- Understanding the Stages of the Service Design and Delivery Process
- Breakout Activity: Analyse a key project from your agency, and align key actions and priorities with stages of the design and delivery process
Collaboration as Key
- Understanding the Whole User Experience across Jurisdictions
- Breakout Activity: Review the end-to-end user experience of your services, identify key stakeholders and strategise how to interoperate to create seamless CX
Application and Evaluation through a Group Project
- Project Brief – Redesign your Service Delivery Model
- Project Application – Harnessing User Research to Inform Decisions
- Project Presentation – Pitch and Share
- Project Review – Evaluation and Feedback